Follow KDR on Facebook
BODY BLUEPRINT AND FUNTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREEN
Before we take you through a workout, we first want to take the time to find out what you specifically need by performing your Knowledge Driven Results Body Blue Print. This blue print helps us develop the very specific plans that we will use to design the program to get you to your individual goals. Every single person who works out at KDR Fitness has a Blue Print designed for them.
During your KDR Fitness Body Blue Print we will learn about your health history, any past injuries, your training history along with your specific goals. We look at static and dynamic posture, foot and gait mechanics as well as making sure we have a very good understanding of any past or current musculoskeletal issues or injuries. We will also take you through a range of motion and flexibility evaluation and the base of our blue print – The Functional Movement Screen (click here to learn more about the FMS). During The Functional Movement Screen we will have you perform basic movements and we will find out exactly where your program should start and what it should include to get you started right.
For example, we will learn about any imbalances you may have that could eventually cause an injury. This screening is scored from a 1-21. 21 being the best you can get. You will get a score that will be incorporated into your blue print and your coach will guide you on what the next best step is for you. If you score above a 12 we are comfortable with you joining our group coaching membership right away. Our group coaching classes are written as a general program so before you join them we want to make sure you are ready for them. If you score under a 12 we would want to spend a few weeks making sure you are ready for the group coaching classes by performing a program written specifically for you to get you ready for the classes. This program will include correcting any imbalances you have and will be done in a semi-private setting.
After the blueprint a detailed and individualized program is designed by our program developer that includes working on and improving:
-soft tissue health
- movement economy
- coordination and agility
- cardiovascular health
- improving poor scores and movement asymmetries discovered in the FMS
OUR TRAINING SYSTEM
The KDR Fitness system makes us completely different from any other club you may have visited. We have developed the components that take the guesswork and trial-and-error out of reaching your goals and puts the science back in. We provide a complete training system and a highly qualified fitness coach who will personally walk you through every step of the way on the path toward achieving your personal goals. One size does not fit all! Just as we all require a specific shoe size, we all require a specific program. Everyone has specific goals and a specific body. For customized results you need a customized program.
Knowledge Driven Results Fitness offers a scientific alternative. We get faster results. We get better results. Using the application of science our program design specialist will develop a customized approach to fitness, health, physique enhancement and well being incorporating.
- Appropriate Cardiovascular Activity:Only the correct amount of cardiovascular work at the correct intensity will work for your goal. Doing the wrong type, at the wrong level for the wrong time may not only be useless but can actually work against your efforts.
- Appropriate Resistance Training: Muscle is the body’s fat burning machinery. Resistance training helps to build and maintain a good fat burning engine.
- Professional Assistance and Scientific Manipulation of the above: This is where most people go wrong. No program works for everyone and no program will work forever. As your body changes, so too must your program change. Your fitness coach will help to modify your plan as your body changes and adapts so you continue to see optimal results.
- General Nutrition Guidelines to follow: As part of our membership, we will also give you one of our KDR Fitness nutrition journals complete with simple guidelines of exactly what you should eat to reach your goals. Follow the plan laid out for you, fill out the journal and bring it in to your coach and you will not fail!
- Applied Functional Science (click here to read more about AFS): AFS is unique in that it truly takes a three dimensional approach to training, incorporating movement in all three planes of motion – front to back, side to side and rotation. AFS bred the term “functional training”, although in it’s current watered down state it is tough to discern what functional training really is. Functional Training is looking at the body as a unit (the ankle bone’s connected to the shin bone, the shin bone’s connected to the knee bone, the knee bone’s connected to the thigh bone, etc.), working that unit through all of the appropriate and available directions of movement and ensuring that the movements people do have a strong carry over to their every day tasks, needs and goals.